This is (Still) the Way to Save Money
IT and Telecom continue to get piled upon with new technology, new mandates, new regulations and so on. And, chances are you have some legacy stuff hanging around as well. So, running a tight ship and planning for the future keeps getting, shall we say, more interesting? But don't forget some of the tools that have been helping you save money all along. Hopefully, amidst all the jaw dropping apps and platforms out there, you are still putting the basics to work to control and manage usage, along with the devices themselves. Just to jog your memory:
- What's sitting on your network? Is it optimized for performance or sagging beneath a shifting architecture?
- Telecom Expense Management
- How are you managing your wireless and wireline, mobile expenses? Do you have clear visibility over each? Are you able to bill back efficiently where and when applicable?
- Call Accounting
- Are you properly managing and allocating usage of the corporate network and equipment/devices all the way down to the user?
- Inventory Management
- How much unused equipment you are still paying for? What's in your closet?
- Invoice Management
- Is your accounting department paying invoices twice, due to the limits of an old invoicing system? How do you identify errors? Are you able to clearly identify them to your vendor and reconcile?
- Do you have the optimum mix of service providers and vendors? Are your contracts up to date? When was the last time you reviewed them?
- Periodic Audits
- When was the last time you did an audit? Were you able to find additional savings? If not, how carefully did you review your contracts, services and equipment?
Taking the time to answer these questions regularly will pay off --- big time. You'll soon be running a much more efficient and effective telecom/IT department. And if you're not saving money, let us know. We can help.