Is Your IT Department (Really) Ready For 2021?
What are you bracing for in 2021? More budget cuts? Employees who continue to work from home? Or a little of both?
One thing is certain. Technology marches forward. In fact, the pandemic has fueled innovation as more new apps hit the market. Are you keeping up? Or treading water?
There is a lot on the plate for IT/Telecom managers in 2021. TechRepublic recently wrote about a new report, "2021 IT Priorities" which surveyed 1,000 IT leaders and workers all over the world. As you might imagine, on top of the list of concerns was "cybersecurity". They also reported increased spending in areas like SaaS and cloud-based apps. But many of those surveyed expressed a concern about managing
all the new technologies they are bringing into their organizations.
What do you think? Are you really ready to keep IT running on all cylinders in the new year?
Here's a quick self-check with five questions to ask yourself and your team:
- Are we prepared to efficiently implement new applications, cloud resources and software? How agile is our department to quickly respond to user needs in these areas?
- What technologies and initiatives have we put in place to keep our network and all the apps employees are using safe from hackers?
- How efficiently are we responding to support tickets from users? What could be improved?
- How are we managing all our new technologies? What are they costing our organization, and how can we keep expenses down?
- Are we ready to deal with an unpredictable new year? If not, what (or who) do we need to change?
These are indeed challenging questions, reflecting unprecedented times for IT/Telecom managers. How you answer them, however, is critical. You will need to tighten up processes, create an open door to innovation and find better ways to optimize how you manage all of it. We talk with people like you every day, so we know your world and are here to help. Give us a shout with your questions and concerns. We'll be glad to work through them with you.